- We had an excellent Super Bowl Sunday with the barefoot kicker from Tennessee, Ricky Townsend, as our guest speaker.
- The youth served an excellent steak dinner for Valentine’s Day so that everyone could enjoy a special meal with their special someone.
- Near the end of 2017, we hired a new children’s minister, Ashten Webb. In 2018, she did a great job getting to know Pleasant Grove and leading our children’s program. We had several very successful children’s activities.
- We hosted a community Easter egg hunt, with over 200 people attending.
- VBS was one of the best organized I can remember, with as many as 50 kids attending. Our volunteers had a fun working it and we got great feedback from those who came.
- Trunk or Treat is always a huge hit in our community and we had about 800 people attended this year. Plus, we did some things to help minister to those who came—more than just give them candy and a hotdog. We invited them to church, gave them a pamphlet about community resources in our area, and also a newsletter with a Gospel lesson and information about our church.
- 12 new people joined our church last year
- 3 people were baptized – Finley Rebecca Ward, Amaya Childers, & Brooks Blalock
- 3 people gave their life to Christ through a public profession of faith – Abigail Mullis, Amaya Childers, & Walker England
- Six members of our church died last year and went on to
glory. It’s never easy to say goodbye to
people we love at Pleasant. However, we can find comfort in knowing they are at
Home with Jesus in heaven now. And we
can celebrate the way they helped shape our church. So, we are thankful for the six of our saints
who passed away in 2018: Patricia
Pellom, Dot Kuhne, Arnold Locklear, Jerry Albertson, Ann Brooker, & Don
- How you can invite others to join with us at Pleasant Grove
- How you can grow in your own faith through spiritual disciplines like prayer, fasting, worship, study, and service
- And pray for those who will be coordinating events and leading ministry at PGUMC